Updated at 2022-11-11
What Type of Information do we collect from Website visitors?
We collect the information primarily to provide better service to all of our customers. When you visit our website, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet protocol (IP) address, and browser type.
We might collect your name, address details, email address, and contact information when you sign up on our website for placing an order. Otherwise, we do not collect users’ personal information.
We will retain your information as long as we require to provide you with the products and services and for such a period as mandated by the concerned law. If you opt to receive marketing correspondence from us, subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters, enter into any of our competitions or provide us with your details at networking events, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interest in order to provide you with details about our products services, business updates, and events.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, engage on social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram), open a support ticket, call our support team for queries, provide us with feedback on our products or services on our site.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current products and services. We use the information collected from the website as described in this policy and we may use your information to:
· Personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product/service offerings in which you are most interested.
· Improve our service, website, and how we operate our business.
· Provide and deliver the products and services you request.
· Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments, and inquiries.
· Quickly process and complete your transactions.
· Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
· Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services.
· We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, or investigation, including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offenses.
· Protect and investigate against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
· Ask for ratings and reviews for our products and services.
Under applicable law, you have the following rights while accessing our website:
· You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
· We want to have accurate information about you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you think that the personal information we collect is not up to date or correct, and we will update it for you.
· You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer required for the purpose it was collected. For example, you have withdrawn your consent, you have a valid objection to us using it, or your use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
· You can request us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information on legitimate interest grounds then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
· Note that this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
How do we protect Visitors’ information?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Do we use "Cookies"?
· Personalize your website accessibility.
· Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
· Keep track of advertisements.
· Track the site traffic in order to offer a better accessibility solution to the users.
· We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Note: You can choose to have your computer notify you each time when a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. You can check the ‘Help’ menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
Following a subscription to the newsletter, your email address is used for our advertising purposes until you cancel the newsletter again. Cancellation is possible at any time. You may revoke your subscription at any time with future effect. If you no longer want to receive the newsletter, then click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option given in the email folder. If you have any questions or concerns about privacy or grievances with us, please visit our web page or contact us to connect and we will try to resolve the issue.
Do we disclose the information we collect to Third-Parties?
Payment gateways will collect your card information if you will choose to make payment using a Credit/Debit card. We engage in this practice because we have a contract with third parties (to whomever we transfer your data) so all your data will be disposed of at their end after a certain time. In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You agree that your continued use of our services after such changes have been published to our services will constitute your acceptance of the such revised policy.
The laws of Costa Rica , excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement and your use of the website. Your use of the website may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents' data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
The GDPR is relevant to any globally operating company and not just the EU-based businesses and EU residents. Our customer's ‚ data is important irrespective of where they are located, which is why we have implemented GDPR controls as our baseline standard for all our operations worldwide.
What is personal data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person. Personal data extends beyond a person's name or email address. Some examples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresses, physical addresses, sexual orientations, and ethnicity.
The Data Protection Principles include requirements such as:
-Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way and should only be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect.
-Personal data should only be collected to fulfill a specific purpose and it should only be used for that purpose. Organizations must specify why they need personal data when they collect it.
-Personal data should be held no longer than necessary to fulfill its purpose.
-People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal data. They can also request a copy of their data, and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted, or moved to another organization.
Why is GDPR important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals' personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breaches. Beyond these facts, it's simply the right thing to do. At Neten - Education and Alternative Therapy Center, we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org